Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Major

The major project that I want to attempt for this course is fix the sound design of an EFP project entitled “3000 Miles” from last semester I joined up to help my friends at the last minute to do sound for. Due to the last minute nature and my other class workload I wasn’t able to put the time and effort to truly earn the title that they gave me credit for. I was able to assist in an ADR session but didn’t get to properly mix it in so it didn’t sound too unnatural. There also needs to be a lot of mixing of the sounds that were placed in, especially considering that it just occurred in Final Cut. I never got to do my real Pro Tools session due to time. This project excites me to do a surround sound mix for since there is a scene that occurs in the Recher theater. I think I could have some fun mixing that to create something special for my friends. My main reason for doing this because they want to put this into student festivals, and I think it has potential once I can get them a proper sound mix.

Once again I plan to do most of my work at my home studio until I can balance time later on to get into 006.

Since this is a film that takes a lot from music I think I want to look at a movie like Once where it is very naturalistic in its sound design. I think I may even take inspiration from Spinal Tap for the sound design of backstage during a concert.

This project will have more work then I am probably thinking at the moment until I get the copy from my friends to see it in its current state. There will most likely need to be some new foley sounds recorded, but once I put the effort to it I think this will be a very good Major project to approach.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great major project to work on. I loved the soundtrack to Once, I have to rewatch it for the sound design. I've been listening to Swell Season since I saw the movie.

    I'm interested to see/hear how this progresses.

    ReplyDelete